Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sometime Life just Slides by You

YES - LITERALLY !! In this case it was a rock slide! On Memorial day I went and hiked White Oak Canyon/Cedar Run along with Mary, Jeff & AB from last week and joining us this time around: Jon, Ruthie + Gary, Steph, Cat, Paul, Yvonne, Dave (Connelly), Ann, Ray and Amanda This was the second hike for me in 2 weeks and was just as rewarding as the Old Rag Mountain hike, though in different way. Where Old Rag was a rock scramble with oneYES literally! Though in this case I am talking about a Natural Rock Slide that we searched high and low for on Memorial Day when we went hiking to White Oak Canyon. The second big hike amazing vista after another, White Oak Canyon/Cedar Run trail is an amazing hike full of waterfalls. We had a decent sized group come out and was lots of fun despite steep climbs at point that to me seemed pretty tough. I almost want to do this again just to stop at every little waterfall and enjoy the sound and simple energy gained from being in nature.

It was pretty neat in that there were not so many people on this popular trail (due to Memorial day vacationing) and the water was running at a rapid pace due to a fierce super cell storm passing by the region the night before (Super-cells are the type that create good possibilities of tornadoes). But the following morning the day was sunny for the hike. What more could we have asked for.

So on to this slide.... yes a natural rock slide! Apparently there could have been more water, but really we didnt need anymore - I only wish the water was heated! It was FREEZING!!! Well freezing for me - if you dont know, I AM a cold water wimp. Anyway there are a decent amount of pictures, I surely recommend this hike! (the full rock slide is shown to the right)

Now I am looking forward to more... such fun!










above left: Why doesnt this ever happen to me?
above center: Water dancing on the rocks
right: getting across the stream

More pictures are ----> here

1 comment:

techkitty said...

that hike seriously kicked my @ss. thank god for the 'leave no hiker behind" rule ...