Monday, June 18, 2007

Going Out With a Bang!

SO I know no one really watches Formula One Grand Prix Racing here is the states... Well maybe the odd person here and there. SO I was left to my own devices this weekend to catch up on last weeks race in Montreal (June 10th) and Sunday's at Indianapolis (June 17th). Needless to say - I was STUNNED at the Canadian GP. I have never seen so many wrecks in a GP race or so much bouncing around in ages! The most dramatic being Robert Kubica's airborne high impact crash that left almost nothing remaining of the car as he approached the hairpin at turn 10 (accelerating out of turn 9; see below) about 250 KPH (about 180 MPH)!! This is quite amazing that luckily he survived intact with a concussion and a sprained ankle! Well heres some video, but who knows for how long as apparently FOM (Formula One Management) is having all videos of the crash removed...



He hit that wall hard - flying literally! OUCH!

In other news - who else watches America's Cup Sailing?? apparently I do...... I have such strange taste in sports. Below is the Canada GP Circuit track - turn 10 is in the lower left corner (click on the pic for full sized version)

No comments: