Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Is Feng Shui for Rich People?

Well I finally got a decent portion of the new place somewhat organized and REALLY cleaned, and for those of you who know - that is one heck of a feat with my roomie. I mean it looks as good as it has in years. Beyond this point it will take putting half his stuff in a POD and organizing the multitude of CD's he has. Well all I can say is one step at a time - take a weekend here or there when he heads off to NYC, and I can adjust and throw out a little more junk each time!

Which brings me to the Feng Shui part. For the last year and a half - maybe two - I have owned the above book "Feng Shui for Everyday Living". And after looking at it various times thinking that it cant hurt(though never quite buying into it all) - I figure - who, in everyday life, has the money, time or space to do all this. I want a more clutter free home - but who has the space to hide all the stuff one hangs on to. Who has the ability to paint their apartment at whim whatever color they choose - or plop down money to get furniture like they show in the books and all those web sites. We all work for a living and have a dozen other more pressing demands for our money. Who can really afford Feng Shui??

Me I'll take my small victory in a clean house and a little more free walking space where I can get it (My small victory is pictured below).


Addendum: Two days later.... the place is a disaster again: Bags of produce, bottles of Bacardi & Tanqueray, clothes and the kitchen **Sigh**. I have a strong feeling that this is a Felix & Oscar situation.

No comments: