Friday, August 17, 2007

A Wedding Trip & Reunion

SO last week I went to Boston in about 15 years. I really dont remember much from that trip other than visiting the actual Cheers Bar (called the Bull & Finch back then before they changed the name over) , touring the U.S.S. Constitution, and seeing the fireworks in celebration of troops returning home from Operation Desrt Storm (yes, me a loooong time ago).

SO this was kind of a reunion, in more than one way. it all started with having to endure the worst airport/airplane experience EVER (you don't really want to read a boring rant now do you) - and mind you I have flown ALOT since my mom worked for the airlines for a while. So my first experience as I step off in mid August and its 65F !! What is that! Luckily it got warmer after that......... Needless to say I got to see a bit, even if it was the rushed tour through the lens of my camera.... no big deal I have done it before, most notably on my first trip to Paris when I was in the N.A.V.Y.

But I'll live. I get to experience the "T" to my hotel where they promptly loose my reservation. Luckily I convince them to give me a room at the reservation rate. Yet another minor hurdle solved. SO I get dressed and head over to the Hilton by the airport for the main purpose of my visit (about time I get to it!) my brother Carlos Miguel's wedding. Ok technically on Friday its only the rehersal party. But still its great seeing my Dad and Chata, my godmother (Madrina) and cousins, etc. I hadn't seen most of them snce my last visit to Puerto Rico about 2 years ago.


Siblings, a parent and a niece: Raul, Carlos Miguel, me, Dad, Ana Marie & Alexia -->


The wedding itself was wonderfull - the reception lots of fun (one can always count on my Madrina and her kids to really get the party started!) Its good to see how well my Dad has porgressed in recovering from cancer, and it really warmed my heart. You can call & talk all you want, but actually seeing , is a relief, and it makes you really want to thank whatever powers that be are out there.

Somehow this weekend, Boston really made an impression with me. What an amazing city, what history, architecture, and the PEOPLE!! It feels more personable than DC for sure.... maybe what I miss from the OLD Miami. A little more laid back, genuine, etc. in the end I should really find a job in the carribean somewhere... I think it truly fits my style more...

Linda & Carlos Miguel ---->



Ok so I have a running dialogue of my trip around Boston, just clicky here as usual.

No comments: