Thursday, August 30, 2007

A few quick reviews.... and notes of those gone by

Things to kep in mind from three restuarants I've eaten at lately:

Doungrats: Delicious Thai food - best meal/value south of Baltimore for Thai(4 out of 5)
Colvin Run Tavern: delicious and subtle flavors but maybe I just expected more (3.5 out 5)
Montmarte (Eastern market): Delicious scallops, amazing rissoto with calamari with squid ink sauce.... my absolute favorite! (4.75 out of 5)


and on to some sad news, The Cedars (of which I wrote about earlier) and Let's French - local bands I liked are no more...... The Cedars had alot going for them but Lets French was set!! They had a new kick butt full lenght album and everything.... wow interesting how things happen - I discover them a little before summer starts - and they are gone a little before summer ends....

No comments: