Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Who needs a Wine festival??


Who needs a wine festival anyways?? Just go out and spend a day at a winery! Even better when you turn it into a picnic! 10 seemed to be the number for this weekend - thats how many went on my hike to OLD RAG Mountain, and that is how many were on Sunday's trip out to Chrysalis Vineyards in Middleburg, VA.

With a much later start than the day before (thank goodness!) and making my first ever stop at Wegman's ever, this vineyard has a great summer wine that I have always loved (though I was commented by a certain person - that their disdain for MD & VA wines has increased after tasting it, hey everyone has different tastes!).

Well let me start with Wegmans because I will just have to take another trip there. It was overwhelming and fantastically stocked with anything you would want - good stuff too! Like WOW! due to the short time we were there (and the chaos of the girls in trying to decide what went where) my memory gets fuzzy... so lets move on.

Chrysalis is a perfect picnic spot - they provide you with a massive gas grill (you must share space with others). As long as you get there early enough it is well worth it. In my opinion their premier wine is the Sarah's Patio Red & White - they are great summer wines, served cold (both of them) and perfect for sangria. Yes - despite my good friends findings - I will pimp this wine.

Overall it was a very chill day - food, friends, sunshine, and Yusef brought along a cool Cohiba Cigar for me. Oh man I was in heaven with that thing.... well it didn't hurt that Emilie fed me raspberries - roman style either!! The management was worried about our behavior - ok Yusef's behavior really, for a while and got close to kicking us out of this family environment.... as usual - he is a bad influence.

But a Sunday drive in the country was awesome (two days in a row!) and was capped off by Jon & Darrens night time showing of TOP SECRET on their lawn. I always forget how insanely funny that movie is. It appeals to my warped sense of humor and totally tangential way of thinking.....

No comments: