Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Take me out to the Ball Game


Let me start with: The Florida Marlins SUCK! Yes my home town team, which are doing decent, got whipped by the lowly Washington DC Nationals. I got to see the first of the three looses in person thanks to Karoline & Kara (pictured with me and Tracy). This was officially my first ballgame of the season and we were lucky to score some nice high nose bleed seats - we did have two seats in a very good location though James, Tracy & I stopped for food and drinks while the others headed straight for the good seats... alas they got kicked out and headed for te nosebleed section. Not being informed of this, the three of us headed for the good seats, despite everything - we stayed there for the whole game. Eventually the rest of the group trickled down between inning as the Marlins just dug a bigger whole getting shut out 6-0. Well at least the seats were good!

There is a simplicity about a baseball game with friends. I wont watch a game on my own. It's actually kind of boring unless you're a stat freak like Stephen (My roomie). What I like is the great weather & going with friends - it's all about the comraderie... peanuts - beer- bad stadium food (does anyone really believe that a new stadium will really have better food?? yeah ! Right...) . If your going to enjoy a game of any type - go see baseball or soccer. The pacing of the game is just right to be able to enjoy the game and your friends.

So after the game we head to Finn McCools in Barracks Row, which Kara was gladly to reclaim as hers now that one of her exes is leaving the city ( he lived in that area). I was surprised to run into Tom and Angela there, who recently got hitched - and I had not had much time to talk to them since sometime before then. Unfortunately this meant that I missed out on the dart throwing... its a shame, throwing sharp objects is FUN!!!

No comments: