Monday, May 28, 2007

A Memorable Memorial Day Weekend


So how do you celebrate the beginning of summer? Barbeque's perhaps? A trip to somewhere different maybe? Visit with old friends make new ones? Party like an animal? Go off and do some shooting? Learn a new talent?

How about all of them! Well all except for the learn a new talent bit. Though the picture looks like I knew what I was doing - I really have no skill with the guitar. We cant win them all can we?

Friday was Laser Tag day - though the crowd was smaller - I had been over 2 months since the last time. Yeah sure we ran allot (from 8pm to 1 am!!), we also tried this new weird stuff called TILT which is some weird mix of Red Bull and a malt beverage (like a Smirnoff Ice). Lets just say that it is quite interesting playing Laser Tag, lets say.. slightly buzzed! Big Props to Ray for coming out.

Saturday was a rather lame - I went to see the "Taste of Rockville" If it wasnt that I saw a Dodge Charger decked out as a kick ass cop car, it was kind of lame - luckily the company was better. Later that evening went to a PJ party.... sadly this was no where near as good as the old D Street house PJ party from 3 years ago. At least I got to catch up with old friends and got to know some new ones better.

Summer really got into the swing of things with Joel & Melissa's traditional Memorial Day Birthday BBQ. What makes it truly kick off the summer? I say it is VOLLEYBALL!!! yeah I got the first game in - can never get enough of it, which is kind of sad that I don't like playing on indoor courts. But something new and different was a ROCK CLIMBING wall. OMG this was off the HOOK! And yes I went up twice! I would have gone up more but the park rangers pulled the wall down (we later found out they were wrong & Joel HAD gotten the permits). I will say that rock wall was tough, my fingers still kind of hurt.

The BBQ wrapped up as a storm loomed, later I learned it was a massive Super Cell system - the kind that creates tornadoes in an instant... No weather service warned anyone, luckily (yet again this weekend) nothing happened. That was effectively what I termed lazy memorial day weekend vs grueling fun memorial day! More to come on that.....

No comments: