Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Pho Ball Fun!

Oh that heavenly dish called Pho! This Sunday I participated in my friend Linny's 1st annual Pho-ball fest. We ate appetizers, pho, and waaaaaaaaay too many sugary snacks. Though that I discovered that there existed GIANT POCKY was well worth all the sugar and sodium ingested.

This definitely helped flush out everything from my system from the previous day apparently you can get the Champagne of Beers for just 1.50 at the Hard Times Cafe in Clarendon. Alison was nice enough to buy me 3 of these watery pieces of junk - Hey Big Spender! Of course 3 beers doesn't do a person in... I'll attribute that later on when I went to my neighbors party....

Needless to say I missed the next days Billy Goat hike in Great Falls.

After enjoying Pho - Linny decided it was Pho-ball time, and was joined by here brother, Andrew, Kevin, Randy, Darren& Jon, even Joel. We managed to have a VERY subdued cheering section, so subdued that we forgot they were there. On the field, despite a gimpy knee I managed to not contribute much other than a bunch of chaos to the game, but thats fine - its just going to add to my Crazy Cuban Uncle persona that I apparently need to fill in my family. One of the first catches I got on a kick off, I got a nice scrape to commemorate my first pho-ball event ever... 2 days later... yeah it still hurts.

Though mostly I just ran allot, I generally didn't throw all that well (very rusty) , didnt get passed to all that often - though in the end, when we all put the whole game into the team that would score the next TD, I managed to get that win! (where are the cameras when you need them?) I won the impromptu Pho Ball Trophy for my troubles, and kept my knee in one piece!

I'll definitely say that I was tired that night and took a VERY restful nap.

Since I really don't have pictures to share about Pho-ball, instead I put pics up of the next night's dinner with Dave, Allison & Denise while house sitting for my sister, needless to say - a very nice evening (especially since everything goes better with wine!)


No comments: