Friday, September 7, 2007

An editorial on the Editors

If you get a chance - and you arent feeling too down - go see the Editors. My friend Stefanie convinced me to see them - and on her good (hopefull) taste I said yes. I am glad I did - effectively combining The Smiths and Interpol sounds these guys make depression sound uplifting . The lead singer, Tom Smith, sounds a little like Morrisey from the Smiths era, and makes me think of what Cosmo Kramer would look like if he were making music - very herky jerky motions that definately keep you entertained. The guitarist was totally sporting the Han Solo look... quite amusing!


Additionally there were 2 other acts at the good ol' 9:30 Club; one of them was handing out these bumper stickers saying; "Who the F*ck is Biffy Clyro" well I wish I still had no answer to that question. I mean I have nothing against metal, but these guys sound like noise. ok a few songs were better, but still a mismatched pairng. Ra Ra Riot was good from the 2 songs I heard from them. Mental note to make a better effort to see them - I thought they were the second act & thus did miss them.
The tally: Editors 4/5; Biffy Clyro: 2/5; Ra Ra Riot 3/5 (based on 2 songs heard outside the club)

2 comments:

Telecomedian said...

I'll claim the assist on that reference, pal.

Jan Louis said...

OK your'e correct on that one I will have to assume since I dont have the full story. But then you are the one who didnt like the Decmberists.....