Sunday, July 8, 2007

Tubing, Rockin, Its All so "Beaching"

WOW what a way to have to catch up on everything!

1) Tubing on the Shenandoah River with Hilary (Visiting from L.A.) , and the peeps on the 4th of July!! Gotta thank Jon for organizing this one! Of note was the awesome spot in front of the Netherlands Carrilion for the fireworks.... next year I am biking down... getting back was insane!

(pics from Darrens awesome waterproof digital Olympus camera , of which I want one, are -->here<-- Pic above is of George, me & Joel)

2) Carbon Leaf Concert - Of course Carbon Leaf Rocks - unexpected was how cool Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers were. Awesome on the stage - later as we listened to the album - is wasn't as high energy.... sad.

3) Day Trip to Chincoteague: Somehow this trip was soooo much fun! was it the company, was it because it was my first trip to the beach? was it Eric falling asleep?? Actually Its ALL of the above!! ... I miss the beach though & just lounging around, the warm feel of the sand and sun, and getting in the water when I please. I highly feel part of the euphoria was my first beach trip with my friends.
(thats Eric & Jon with me at the entrance of Chincoteague Island)

Things of note - even if they don't all make sense to everyone:
  • Beware playing Journey or Air Supply on long car trips...
  • Eric reads books while listening to Books on tape
  • Seaweed necklaces RULE!
  • I can still body surf just as good as those dumb body boards
  • bring money when biking parks.... I couldn't go up the lighthouse because it cost $4 and I didnt have it on me.
  • I had forgotten how funny Eddie Murphy's Delirious was.....
  • My camera sucks.. I need a new one
  • BEACH TRIPS RULE!!!!
Oh yeah I took home 2 lbs of shrimp for cheap!! Oh was that good! Thanks to those on these trips that made them all FUN!!!

more pics of Chincoteague here!

No comments: