Thursday, February 28, 2008

Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Well I apologize for the long lapse in posts... I know its been a while, much like a sighting of the .. well, Great Pumpkin.

Life gets busy with small things and other distractions to boot. So here in a jumble - I give you a jumble of February recaps (in 2 part posts -dated for my Mom' Bday & our wonderful Leap year!)
Katsucon !!! : Well if you've never been to a geek convention - an anime convention rates somewhere between a war gaming convention and a comic book convention. Though I've never been to the holy grails of any of these I was missing part of the trifecta of geek Cons. SO on Saturday on a sunny Wintry day in mid February, I head off with Amanda and Denise (The Big "D" -right ) to the Omni Shoreham and ... get a .....ummm eye full (the she demon thing pictured below is typical).
Needless to say - I miss my anime - but mostly because there is so much stuff released now - and a majority is high priced junk - that you don't get good series anymore (like Gundam, Cowboy BeBop, Gunsmith Cats, Neon genesis, Macross etc.....). I did discover a few neat series - short lived as they are in Gunslinger Girls (eerily haunting and amazingly drawn), Afro Samurai (voiced by THE man - Sam Jackson) and saw a visually stunning & bizarre and supercool movie, that I *MUST* see again called Paprika.

I also picked up a few neat knickknack's, learned what Yaoi was, and saw an eye full of fun, sexy and plain - shouldn't be worn costumes...... The girls want to go to Otacon in August... I'll think about that one. More pictures are --->Here<---

Thankfully, to offset the geekness of Saturday, the next day was followed up by an impressive Belgian beer festival over at Max's on Broadway in Fell's Point neighborhood in Baltimore. Too many beers were tasted - and next year I need to retain (or get a copy of) the beer guide & our notes. They had in INSANE amount of those beers all on tap and even their standard tap list is impressive. We were also lucky to be with Max's regulars Kevin & Viraj(pictured above with Cat & Random dude) and scored, via Max's generosity a Deleruim Tremens glasses (right) - although I attempted to fight Viraj for the large Chimay glass, he took it home. But he deserved it - A big THANKs to those two fella for pointing this out!
Put this one on the calender for next year for sure!

No comments: